Dec. 4—Agfa HealthCare showcased its Impax 6.4 and introduced the Impax Suites for integrated digital imaging at the 93rd scientific assembly and annual meeting of the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) in Chicago last week.
The latest version of Impax represents the continuing evolution of the Impax series currently installed in more than 1,700 sites worldwide. Impax 6.4 incorporates advanced workflow design focusing on the seamless integration of RIS/PACS/reporting information and image management into one workflow. In addition, the system eases the complex demands of advancing technology with new visualization and navigation tools for large volume studies (CT/MR) with complex multi-series review. Impax 6.4 also focuses on bringing disparate information to the radiologists' desktop, regardless of the source.
New to Agfa's Impax 6.4 is a redesigned clinical information page that provides instant access to clinical data during the image review; embedded reporting tools for more productive voice enabled communication with ED and dictation solutions; and Impax SmartSeek, a context-driven URL-based query model to support information searches.
Designed to provide facilities and clinicians, the seven Impax Suites range from enterprise solutions for multi-site healthcare facilities to specialized mammography, cardiovascular, radiology and orthopedic systems. Agfa's Impax Suites are an integration of several modules into one, each designed to support specific enterprise or departmental activities and to meet specific clinical needs. All suites offer the latest Agfa PACS and RIS and are delivered with clinical and administrative applications designed for specific environments.
All seven suites are available, including:
- Impax Enterprise Suite, created for the multi-site healthcare enterprise and integrated healthcare delivery networks operating in multi-patient ID domains;
- Impax Hospital Suite, developed for the hospital that needs to integrate multiple specialties and disciplines;
- Impax Imaging Center Suite, made for imaging centers and radiology practices;
- Impax Radiology Suite, a solution that focuses on the self-sufficient radiology department;
- Impax Cardiovascular Suite, focuses on the specific needs of the multi-modality cardiology department;
- Impax Orthopedics Suite, dedicated to the orthopedic requirements like planning, measuring and simulating in a digital imaging environment; and
- Impax Mammography Suite, which solves the imaging, workflow and reporting needs of diagnostic and screening mammography.
To support the specific departmental needs, Agfa HealthCare offers its Impax Suites with new clinical applications and server-based 3D tools including MIP, MPR and volume 3D that help increase the workflow-supported productivity of radiologists and clinicians.