The American Healthcare Radiology Administrators (AHRA) recognized the 2004 GE Healthcare Award for Excellence recipients at the 32nd annual meeting and exposition in Boston, August 1 - 5.
AHRA and GE sponsor an award program to recognize radiology administrators for innovation, leadership and administrative capabilities. Nominations came from the administrator's staff and colleagues.
Five AHRA members were honored this year and presented with a crystal award, and in addition, GE donated $2,000 in each award recipient's name to the AHRA Education Foundation.
The 2004 recipients were:
- Betty Kay Adams, CRA, director of Imaging Services, Rankin Medical Center, Brandon, Miss.
- Rebecca Allen, CRA, clinical manager, St. Luke East Hospital, Fort Thomas, Ky.
- Terry A Dowd, CRA, manager of Medical Imaging, Banner Baywood Medical Center, Wilmington, Ohio
- John-Hans L. Giga, formerly radiology administrative director, Clinton Memorial Hospital, Wilmington, Ohio
- Penny M. Olivi, CRA senior administrator, University of Maryland Medical Center, Baltimore, Pa.