The members of the American Society of Radiologic Technologists (ASRT) have elected three officers to serve on the 2010-2011 ASRT board of directors and 27 ASRT members to serve in the ASRT House of Delegates, who are slated to begin their one-year terms immediately following the 2010 ASRT Annual Governance and House of Delegates Meeting on June 25-27.
According to the Albuquerque, N.M.-based society, the newly-elected board of directors include:
- Dawn McNeil, M.S.M., R.T.(R)(M), RDMS, RVT, CRA, to serve as the ASRT’s 2010-2011 president-elect, currently the ASRT vice president.
- Michael Latimer, B.S., R.T.(R), to serve as the ASRT vice president. He is currently the clinical coordinator of the medical imaging program at Palm Beach State College, Palm Beach Gardens, Fla.
- Julie Gill, Ph.D., R.T.(R)(QM), to serve as the ASRT secretary-treasurer. She is currently the chairperson and assistant professor of the Allied Health Department at the University of Cincinnati, Raymond Walters College.
The newly-elected ASRT House of Delegates include:
Bone Densitometry Chapter
- Lisa J. King, A.A.S., R.T.(R)(M)(BD), CBDT, League City, Texas
- Robert J. Comello,M.S., R.T.(R), CDT, Wichita Falls, Texas
- Victoria Drey, R.T.(R)(CV), Sioux Falls, S.D.
- Jesse D. Pennington, B.A., R.T.(R)(CT), Cookeville, Tenn.
- James N. Johnston, Ph.D., R.T.(R)(CV), Holliday, Texas
- Janice J. Gibson, M.Ed., R.T.(R), Warren, Ohio
- Christina M. Thomas, B.S., R.T.(R)(MR), Madison, Miss.
- Sharon Zigan, R.T.(R)(M)(MR), Browerville, Minn.
- Stephanie A. Johnston, M.S.R.S., R.T.(R)(M)(BS), Holliday, Texas
- Mary J. Carrillo, M.B.A./HCM, R.T.(R)(M), CDT, Chandler, Ariz.
- Denise M. Taber, B.S., R.T.(R)(T)(QM), New Brighton, Minn.
- Susan Cazaux, M.B.A., R.T.(R)(M), Glendale, Ariz.
Medical Dosimetry Chapter
- Stacy L. Anderson, M.S., R.T.(T), CMD, Oklahoma City, Okla.
- Leigh K. Kestranek, B.S., R.T.(T), CMD, Bloomington, Ind.
- Timothy J. Soukup, B.S.H.S., R.T.(R)(CT), Virginia Beach, Va.
- Geisha Y. Patton, M.B.A., R.T.(R)(CT), Minot, N.D.
- Danyell A. Gardner, B.S., R.T.(R), Sumter, S.C.
Nuclear Medicine Chapter
- Mary St. Peter, B.S., R.T.(R)(N)(M), CNMT, Middlebury, Vt.
- Elaine M. Markon, M.S., R.T.(N), CNMT, Findlay, Ohio
Quality Management Chapter
- Nancy M. Johnson, M.Ed., R.T.(R)(CV)(CT)(QM), Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Tricia D. Leggett, M.S.Ed., R.T.(R)(QM), Bowerston, Ohio
Radiation Therapy Chapter
- Kevin L. Rush, M.H.A., R.T.(R)(T), Bloomington, Ind.
- Bernadette Garofola, M.Ed., R.T.(R)(T)(CT), Mount Laurel, N.J.
- Heather R. Moore, M.Ed., R.T.(R), Loveland, Ohio
- Thomas R. King, B.S.R.S., R.T.(R), Portland, Ore.
- Amy K. Hofmann, M.B.A., R.T.(R)(CT), RDMS, Bismarck, N.D.
- Bettye G. Wilson, M.A.Ed., R.T.(R)(CT), RDMS, FASRT, Birmingham, Ala.
Following the conclusion of the meeting in June, current president-elect James B. Temme, M.P.A., R.T.(R)(QM), FASRT, associate director of radiation science technology education at the University of Nebraska Medical Center in Omaha, will become the ASRT president for the 2010-2011 term and Diane Mayo, R.T.(R)(CT), quality assurance coordinator for the diagnostic imaging department at St. Dominic/Jackson Memorial Hospital in Jackson, Miss. will be promoted to chairman of the Board, said the ASRT.