The Healthcare Information Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Foundation announced a new college scholarship, which will be awarded to a full-time student enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, Masters, or PhD program related to healthcare information management systems field. The scholarship is sponsored by healthcare management consulting firm Beacon Partners of Weymouth, Mass.
The student will receive a $7,000 cash scholarship, along with an all-expense paid trip to the annual HIMSS conference. During the annual HIMSS conference and exhibition in Orlando, Fla., the recipient will be recognized at the 2008 HIMSS awards banquet.
Applicants must fulfill the following HIMSS requirements:
- Be a good standing member of HIMSS;
- Be a full-time student when the scholarship is awarded;
- Be enrolled in an accredited undergraduate, masters or PhD program related to the healthcare information management systems field;
- Be at least a first-term junior when the scholarship is awarded, if an undergraduate applicant;
- Submit a 500-word essay according to the scholarship guidelines; and
- Have not previously received a HIMSS Foundation scholarship.