Wednesday, Feb. 23, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Southwestern Vermont Health Care has seen a great reduction in patient medication errors due to its implementation of Bedside Medication Scanning. This presentation will share our experiences and lessons learned.
Charles Still, MBA, IS Project Manager, Southwestern Vermont Health Care
- Identify the appropriate barcode symbols for positive patient identification in a healthcare environment
- Plan for the right decisions regarding wireless networking, device monitoring, performance reporting, and user identification and validation
- Develop bedside medication metrics to maximize patient safety benefits
- Describe how to prepare your caregivers for known workflow workarounds that can impede the effective use of bedside medication scanning systems and allow them to develop strategies to avoid common pitfalls
- Assess how different mobile technology platforms will impact nursing workflows with the implementation of bedside medication scanning