Carestream has launched software tools addressing quality and exposure control, pediatric and intensive care unit (ICU) imaging and print output for three of its CR systems.
The features are shipping with new DirectView Elite CR, Classic CR and Max CR systems and are available as upgrades for existing customers, Rochester, N.Y.-based Carestream said.
The features include:
- A companion image (from the original exposure) for pneumothorax visualization accentuates the appearance of free air in the chest cavity. An ICU package also includes tube and line visualization and automatic image display in the correct orientation.
- Pediatric image optimization and enhancement software expands and integrates a range of seven patient sizes as specified by new FDA regulations for pediatric exams. A pediatric quality package also includes Carestream’s tool to verify image quality of CR cassettes as well as the system’s administrative analysis and reporting software.
- Vendor-neutral IEC exposure index values allow technologists to see if they are within the acceptable exposure range.
- Image processing produces consistent rendering of portable chest images, which can reduce day-to-day and image-to-image variability.
- Administrative and analysis reporting software provides a single, consolidated source for viewing all performance metrics for CR systems.
- Multi-format print enhancements provide the ability to add markers and adjust the image. Additional print layouts optimize film usage.