In honor of National Health IT Week in Washington, D.C., CMIO magazine is beginning to roll out the results of our first CMIO Top Trends survey. To view the full survey results, sign up to receive the digital edition of the July magazine.
In the CMIO 2010 Top Trends/CMIO Census, we asked:
What is the status of EMRs within your organization?
Respondents said their organization:
- Has a hospital EMR: 66 percent
- Has an ambulatory EMR 52 percent
- Has multiple EMRs: 34 percent
- Shares data with other organizations: 22 percent
- Shares data from EMR with an HIE: 17 percent
- Has a hospital info system (HIS) but not an EMR: 7 percent
- Does not have an HIS or an EMR: 5 percent
The 2010 Top Trends/ CMIO Census includes answers from 212 respondents who took the survey in the 30-day period from May 3, 2010 to June 2, 2010. Look for full results of the survey in the July issue of CMIO magazine. Sign up here.