Agfa HealthCare has created a connection between the radiology departments at Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, DC, National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., and the James A. Haley Veterans Medical Center in Tampa. The additions necessary to connect the three existing IMPAX PACS already installed at the facilities took under a week.
Digisonics announced several installations including Rogue Valley Maternal Fetal Clinic in Medford, Ore., Austin Perinatal Associates in Austin, Texas, and Pediatric Cardiology Associates in Peoria, Ill. Rogue Valley Maternal Fetal Clinic upgraded their OB-View system to OB-View Net for full web-based access capabilities to the entire image management and reporting system. Austin Perinatal Associates installed the OB-View system which provides image management and reporting for OB Ultrasound. Pediatric Cardiology Associates upgraded their DigiView network to DigiNet Pro for full web-based access capabilities to the cardiovascular image management and reporting system.
Eastman Kodak Company’s Health Group signed contracts for its Kodak DIRECTVIEW DR and CR systems with leading U.S. facilities including The Chester County Hospital (West Chester, Pa.) and Good Samaritan Hospital (Lebanon, Pa.). Some facilities also purchased CR Long Length Imaging Systems to provide long-length leg and spine images and Capture Link Systems, which allows facilities to identify, scan and review CR images from multiple networked CR systems and integrates CR images into a DR imaging study. The following healthcare providers placed orders:
- Chenango Memorial Hospital (Norwich, N.Y.), ordered a DR 7500 and a DR 3000;
- The Chester County Hospital (West Chester, Pa.) ordered seven CR systems including two CR 975 and five CR 850 systems, Capture Link software and a Kodak long length imaging system;
- Good Samaritan Hospital (Lebanon, Pa.) ordered four CR 975, two CR 825 and two CR 850 systems, along with Capture Link software and a Long Length Imaging System;
- Murphy Medical Center (Murphy, N.C.) purchased CR 975, CR 850, and CR 500 systems;
- Radiology Associates of Tarrant County, Texas (Fort Worth, Texas) ordered two CR 975 systems; and
- Scranton Orthopaedics (Scranton, Pa.) ordered a CR 950 system.
Thomson Healthcare said that St. Elizabeth, a network of three hospitals in Northern Kentucky, has installed its MercuryMD Mobile Solution with Charge Capture in an effort to decrease its billing cycle and increase revenue for procedures performed.