Tuesday, Feb. 22, 9:45 AM - 10:45 AM
Sutter Health's system-wide strategic initiatives include innovative "bridge strategies" preparing for health IT adoption and integration of CDS in 26 affiliates. Outcomes from three unique hospital case studies will be highlighted.
- Tracy Forrest, RN, interdisciplinary practice model system lead, Sutter Health, Sacramento, Calif.
- Diane Hanson, RN, vice president, Clinical Practice Model (CPM) Resource Center, Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Define strategic leadership requirements in creating an interdisciplinary hospital-wide or system-wide plan for adoption of health IT and practice transformation.
- Describe creative "bridge strategy" approaches to standardize professional practice and assure Meaningful Use of health information using a variety of clinical systems (paper, web-based, technology and hybrid) and clinical decision support methodologies.
- Compare three hospital case studies that highlight unique approaches to workflow, professional practice support, patient care quality and clinical decision support to optimize practice standardization and preparation for Meaningful Use.
- Discover key success stories including critical decision points, outcome considerations and implementation strategies to move past the barriers and sustain momentum in using creative quality clinical solutions to meet care standards today.