Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2:15 PM - 3:15 PM
A multidisciplinary approach was used in the development and implementation of electronic nursing protocols, resulting in an efficient and effective nursing tool for standardized patient care.
- Diane Hester, MSN, RN, nurse analyst, Mayo Clinic
- Erin Fischer, MSN, patient education specialist, Mayo Clinic
- Describe electronic clinical protocols and their benefits within EMRs.
- Describe analysis and processes required for successful development and implementation of electronic clinical protocols.
- Describe relevant formative and summative evaluation strategies.
- Describe the process and technology challenges in implementing electronic protocols.