Wednesday, Feb. 23, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
The NHIN is evolving to address the requirements of meaningful use, including new architectures, standards and policies that will impact information exchange at the federal, state and non-governmental levels.
- Doug Fridsma, MD, PhD, director, Office of Standards and Interoperability, Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT
- Craig Miller, vice president, Health Strategy and Innovation, Vangent
- Identify how the provisions of meaningful use are driving changes to the architecture of the NHIN, including messaging patterns, directory services, security and privacy, and more
- Describe how the NHIN is changing to support the need for information exchanges beyond clinical data, including administrative transactions and population health
- Recognize how NHIN Exchange and NHIN Direct are working in harmony to address meaningful use requirements from the perspective of large-scale and smaller health organizations, respectively