GE Healthcare has designed new editions of its Logiq e compact and Logiq Book XP Enhanced compact for emerging care areas of ultrasound as well as the Logiq e anesthesia edition and the Logiq e emergency medicine edition, all of which will be released in 2008.
The company changes to the Logiq e and Logiq Book XP enhanced systems include:
- CrossXBeam software that enhances image clarity by defining continuous boundaries of anatomy and improving image resolution.
- The simplicity in the Auto Clarity Suite gives clinicians tools that automatically optimize image quality at the touch of a button.
- Workflow, Network QuickSave transfers patient information to a network folder where EMR systems can integrate images for patient records.
- An optional portable docking station improves mobility while providing instant access to probe connections, DVR and printer.
The Logiq e anesthesia edition enhancements include:
- For regional anesthesia nerve blocks and vascular access procedures, GE’s B-Steer Plus technology displays the needle and anatomy in one image. B-Steer also maneuvers the ultrasound beam for better visualization of the needle.
- Software that presets for imaging anesthesia delivery to patients.
Logiq e emergency medicine edition advancements include:
- The software presets for critical care imaging for patients. In the setting, patient imaging can range from abdominal aortic aneurysm, ectopic pregnancy to gall stones.
- A report template for clinicians to organize patient information.