The October issue of Health Imaging & IT magazine unveils its first annual Top 10 Healthcare Providers for innovation in digital image management.
The Health Imaging & IT Top 10 includes some of the largest, most prestigious healthcare institutions in the United States, as well as smaller specialty facilities which also have exemplified a dedication to maximizing their IT investment.
The results of this year's survey come from a database of more than 10,000 healthcare contacts, including radiologists, cardiologists, PACS administrators, CIOs, technologists, vendors and industry consultants.
Although the initial intent was to select just ten exemplary facilities, the ranking expanded to include the Top 5 Specialty Providers, as more examples of IT innovation surfaced.
In alphabetical order, here is the first annual Health Imaging & IT Top 10 Hospitals and Top 5 Specialty Providers:
Top Ten Hospitals
- Baltimore VA Medical Center - Baltimore, Md.
- Commonwealth Health Corporation - Bowling Green, Ky.
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center - Lebanon, N.H.
- Detroit Medical Center - Detroit, Mich.
- Massachusetts General Hospital - Boston, Mass.
- ProMedica Health System - Toledo, Ohio
- Providence Health System / St. Joseph Medical Center and Holy Cross Medical Center - Burbank & Mission Hills, Calif.
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital - Sarasota, Fla.
- UCLA Medical Center - Los Angeles, Calif.
- University of Pittsburg Medical Center - Pittsburgh, Pa.
Top Five Specialty Providers
- Austin Radiological Association - Austin, Texas
- Breast Imaging of Oklahoma - Oklahoma City, Okla.
- The Indiana Heart Hospital - Indianapolis, Ind.
- Northeast Radiology - Brewster, N.Y.
- Virtual Radiologic Consultants - Eden Prairie, Minn.
- Thibodaux Regional Medical Center - Thibodaux, La.
- Frankford Hospitals - Philadelphia, Pa.
For more details on each facility and a more in-depth look at the results, see the October issue of Health Imaging & IT.