Monday, Feb. 21, 11:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Through an automated referral management system plugged into a health information exchange (HIE), healthcare leaders can enhance physician alignment, generate network outreach, generate sustainable revenues, pay for an HIE and fulfill emerging requirements of meaningful use and the medical home.
Daniel P. Newman, MD, CMIO, Boston Medical Center, Boston, Mass.
- Explain the vision and rationale for developing an integration platform for interoperability.
- Discuss the role of HIE-supported, transaction-based functions in solving business problems and supporting a community-of-care vision.
- Outline the financial, clinical and operational impact of typical breakdowns in the referral process.
- Identify the impact of a revamped eReferral system and network referral cycle on community integration.
- Share referral portal results, next steps and a future HIE-based roadmap to a comprehensive community of care that includes eReferrals, medication reconciliation, immunization tracking, population management and other applications.