The Healthcare Information & Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Career Services Center has enhanced HIMSS JobMine and added a section dedicated to the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT's (ONC's) workforce development programs, where graduates can post resumes and find health IT positions posted by potential employers.
ONC Health IT Workforce Development Program graduates and other individuals exploring a career in health IT can access HIMSS JobMine and other online services that are part of the HIMSS Career Services Center Resources, including:
• Access to academic institutions: HIMSS members have access to professionals at academic institutions and nationally recognized subject matter experts in the field of health IT.
• Career Services Pavilion: A centralized location at HIMSS12 for recruiters, consultants and others who can contribute to the development of the health IT workforce. The HIMSS12 Career Services Pavilion will be a gathering point for both health IT job seekers and health IT organizations looking for talent.
• E-mentoring program: This innovative program is designed to match HIMSS members with varying levels of expertise with those HIMSS members who are experienced in many facets of health IT.
• Emerging professional webcasts : Monthly, one-hour webcasts for HIMSS members are geared to those new to the health IT industry who have five or less years of experience in a health IT setting.
• HIMSS job services: Health IT and management systems professionals seeking a new career path can use HIMSS JobMine, which matches qualified healthcare candidates with leading organizations.
• Virtual Career Fair: Later this year HIMSS will introduce the HIMSS Virtual Career Fair, an online career fair where job seekers and employers can interact with each other in a live, 3-D virtual environment.
Graduates of the ONC Workforce Development program can visit the website to post their resumes and view available jobs, and employers can post jobs for candidates to review, the Chicago-based organization added.