Image Gently turns 5
Since its founding, the Alliance for Radiation Safety in Pediatric Imaging has grown to 72 medical professional societies. Nearly 16,000 medical professionals have signed the Image Gently pledge.
Among its accomplishments, Image Gently has:
- Developed six pamphlets for parents, which have been translated into 16 languages, and launched a website for parents, medical professionals and other stakeholders;
- Organized two vendor summits, which resulted in eight online educational CT modules and common DR terminology;
- Organized educational resources and curricula for medical professionals who perform pediatric imaging;
- Created a method to estimate pediatric radiation doses for the chest, abdomen or pelvis from a CT exam;
- Launched a medical imaging record card, and emphasized the need to develop individual patient organ dose estimates; and
- Provided open-source safety checklists for diagnostic and interventional radiology.
To learn more about Image Gently, click here.
To learn more about the challenges of pediatric imaging, look for "Pediatric CT: Growing Pains," which features advice from Image Gently Chair Marilyn J. Goske, MD, in the upcoming September/October issue of Health Imaging.