Foresight Imaging inked a preferred vendor agreement with Sutter Health, a network of hospitals and physicians in Northern California. Under the terms of the agreement, Foresight Imaging will provide its PACS connectivity solution, the TIMS DICOM System, to all Sutter Health affiliates at preferred prices. The agreement runs for three years.
Six hospitals in the southern region are the latest to select NovaRad's NovaPACS for their imaging and reading needs. The hospitals include:
- 42-bed Lakeland Community Hospital in Haleyville, Ala.
- 34-bed Wedowee Hospital in Wedowee, Ala.
- 152-bed Crittenden Memorial Hospital in West Memphis, Ark.
- 94-bed Dodge County Hospital in Eastman, Ga.
- 25-bed Tattnall Community Hospital in Reidsville, Ga.
- 47-bed King's Daughters Hospital in Yazoo, Miss.
The new Queen's Hospital in Romford, located in northeast London, has commenced advanced radiotherapy treatments for cancer patients using new equipment and software from Varian Medical Systems. Four Varian Clinac iX linear accelerators have been installed at the new facility. The first two of these machines began clinical treatments in December and the others are due to start treating cancer patients in January.
In other Varian news, the company has been ranked first in the industry in overall service performance by the ServiceTrak 2006 survey report on radiation oncology accelerators published by research company IMV. Varian ranked first in the majority of service attributes covered by this year's survey. In addition, the company's scores exceeded the industry averages for 31 of the 34 parameters measured. The service categories included:
- Overall service performance
- Overall satisfaction with the manufacturer
- Effectiveness in resolving problems
- Probability of purchasing again from this manufacturer
- Availability of replacement parts
- System installation process
The company also scored above all competitors on these system performance parameters:
- System performance meets expectations
- Reliability of hardware
- Reliability of software
- System integration for therapy planning
- System ease of use