Wednesday, Feb. 23, 2:15 PM - 3:15 PM
Children's Hospital of Philadelphia has developed an educational model from a non-academic healthcare organizational perspective that can be used to provide workforce development in the area of informatics and health IT.
Anthony Luberti, MD, medical director of biomedical informatics education at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
Mark Diltz, EdD, MBA, manager of biomedical informatics education at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
- Outline the key steps involved in developing an informatics educational program from a nonacademic perspective.
- Identify educational programs and activities that can broaden and enrich the healthcare professionals understanding of informatics.
- Describe the different methods of delivery of informatics educational content.
- Recognize the importance of developing informatics educational collaborations between academic and non-academic institutions.
- Describe how to develop an informatics On-line Learning Library.