InterSystems has added new features to its InterSystems Ensemble integration and development platform, which targets requirements of large-scale enterprises that are building applications in an service-oriented architecture (SOA) environment.
The Cambridge, Mass.-based company said that the enhancements allow organizations to use Ensemble to develop secure applications for SOA infrastructures. Major enhancements in the new version of Ensemble include:
- WS-Security 1.1—Specifies how to attach digital signatures, encryption headers and security tokens to SOAP messages;
- Improved Web Services Performance—Users can send messages in binary or binary-encoded XML formats within SOAP messages;
- Extended Monitoring for Composite Applications—Extended, embedded tracking allow organizations to monitor Ensemble-based systems using third-party SNMP-based solutions and Windows Management Instrumentation that many are already using across the enterprise;
- HL7 Sequences Manager—Accepts incoming HL7 messages from multiple sources and ensures that messages are forwarded in the sequence specified by the sender; and
- Extended Integration Protocol Support—A family of XML-based standards sponsored by OASIS and UN/CEFACT, designed to provide an open XML-based infrastructure.