ISP: Informatics (Exploring New Information Technologies)
Monday, Nov. 29, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM
This ISP session is exploring seven new technologies. Speakers are sharing insights and research related to:
- Radiographic applications of the Apple iPad, focusing on novel applications in image viewing, resident education, patient/clinician interaction and EMR access;
- Speed and accuracy of radiologists using a Nintendo Wiimote viewer versus PACS;
- Use of an embeddable viewer to enable image sharing via social networks;
- Evaluation of mobile CT and MTI consults using Smart phones;
- A feasibility study of using the iPad as a mobile diagnostic platform for TB screening;
- iPhone learning applications of the Medical Imaging Resource Center; and
- Evaluation of image quality, download speed and interpretation speed on iPhone for preliminary diagnosis in comparison to a PACS workstation in chest CT pulmonary embolism cases.
- Keith J. Dreyer, DO, PhD, vice chairman of radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston; and
- David S. Hirschorn, MD, director, radiology informatics, Staten Island University Hospital in New York City.