Physician Micro Systems, Inc. (PMSI) recently launched the upgraded Total Practice Partner Version 8.2 EHR. Total Practice Partner is a fully integrated EHR and practice management package, the company said.
Total Practice Partner 8.2 introduces a number of new features in each of its systems, which include:
- The new Provider Dashboard ("Provider Information Manager") offers providers easy access to all of their important functions. The dashboard's central screen displays the provider's schedule, messages, "to-do" list, and review bins;
- Sophisticated drug-dose and drug-disease checking;
- To-do lists that allow users to create patient-specific notes and reminders for themselves and other staff members;
- Security features include automatic operator inactivation, new configurable validation rules for passwords and signatures, and a log of administrator activities; and
- Patient immunization form for shot cards.
New features in Practice Partner Order Entry 8.2 include:
- The overdue orders screen provides clinicians with an on-screen list of all overdue orders; and
- Additional features include several other new features including billing modifiers for order procedures, E &M coding labels, and the ability to designate printers based on order type.
Enhanced features in Practice Partner Medical Billing 8.2 include:
- Practices can submit HIPAA-compliant electronic UB92 claims through the Practice Partner Clearinghouse;
- By providing detailed billing and payment information by carrier, this new report helps practices ensure that they receive fair compensation from their carriers;
- The upgraded system makes it easy to store and retrieve carrier-specific scanned documents, such as EOBs; and
- Medical Billing 8.2 adds several charge, payment, and adjustment posting features such as default payment and adjustment codes by carrier and the ability to edit multiple charges simultaneously.
Added features in Practice Partner Appointment Scheduler 8.2 include:
- A new cancellation report that allows users to quickly view a list of patients that cancelled appointments; and
- Nearly all of the reports in Appointment Scheduler 8.2 have been revamped for improved legibility, appearance, and output options.