AFC Industries • Acuo Technologies • Agfa • AMICAS • Amirsys • Aspyra • Aycan • Barco • BRIT Systems • Calgary Scientific • Candelis • Canon U.S.A. • Cerner • CoActiv • Codonics • Commissure • Compressus • DatCard Systems • Double Black Imaging • DR Systems • Dynamic Imaging • EMC • Eastman Kodak Health Group • Eizo Nanao • Emageon • Emdeon • eRad • ETIAM • Fujifilm Medical Systems USA • GE Healthcare • IBM • i3Archive • Imaging Dynamics • Infinitt North America • InSiteOne • Intelerad • Konica-Minolta • McKesson • Matrox Graphics • Medicalis • Mercury Computer Systems • Merge Healthcare • Misys Healthcare • NEC • NetApp • Neurostar Solutions • NovaRad • ODS Medical • OrthoView • PACSGEAR • Planar • Philips Medical Systems • Plasmon • Quest International • RADinfo Systems • R2 Technology • RIS Concepts • Richardson Electronics’ Display Systems Group • Riverain Medical • ScImage • Sectra • Sencor • Siemens Display Technologies • Siemens Medical Solutions • Sorna • Swearingen Software • TDK • TeraRecon • ThinData Systems • U.S. Electronics • VIDAR • Vital Images • Vocada • XIMIS • Xtria
AFC Industries Inc. last week at the Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine (SIIM, formerly SCAR) annual meeting in Austin, Texas, showcased the Ergo Tier Deluxe, a new addition to its MaxFlex of customizable workstations for radiology reading.
The Ergo Tier Deluxe is a single-tier table with a tilting work surface and electronically adjustable monitor arms. AFC said the work surface and display height can be adjusted (forward, backward and tilt positions) to a user’s desired reading level at the touch of a button.
The workstation comes with a range of accessories, including: cable management, dimmer controlled task lighting, adjustable phone and dictation and equipment supports. Other useful features include a CPU/UPS platform, sturdy footrest to ease back strain, a stable cup holder and locking casters to facilitate easy movement, AFC said.
Acuo Technologies demonstrated at the Society for Imaging Informatics in Medicine (SIIM, formerly SCAR) 2006 annual meeting in Austin, Texas, last week its DICOM Services Grid software products that manage medical image storage and retrieval and integrate them with existing technology platforms.
“Explosive growth – both in terms of volume and data-size – of next-generation medical images has created an extremely challenging environment for all healthcare industry stakeholders,” said CEO Gary Haycox. “Because the scale of imaging is expanding so rapidly, many imaging centers and enterprise healthcare organizations are encountering formidable barriers in managing their imaging assets.”
Acuo believes that as more medical data moves online, healthcare IT professionals need to integrate existing data, reconcile and synchronize data among various systems and allow for safe and secure retrieval at the point of clinical need. Technology from Acuo allows the storage of all medical imaging objects and related information in a DICOM-friendly and supports IHE (Integrating the Healthcare Enterprise) integration profiles to promote optimal patient care.
Acuo Technologies’ systems demonstrated at SCAR included:
- AcuoMed Image Manager – a peer-aware image management, including routing, reconciliation, data migration and HIS/RIS integration;
- AcuoStore Digital Asset Manager – a storage virtualization system enabling storage to any media, SAN, NAS, DAN, and even CAS (Content Addressed Storage);
- Acuo DICOM Assisted Migration Tool (ADAM) – native and automatic data migration is available as software or a turnkey system allowing the migration of data from one repository to another;
- Acuo DICOM Content Router – a content-aware DICOM router capable of routing by any DICOM tag, standard or private, highly scalable and easily configurable;
- Acuo Reconciliation Gateway – is able to bring DICOM Modality worklist to non-connected modalities assuring that meta-data is cleaned prior to checking into the storage repository or PACS;
- Acuo RIS/PACS Synchronizer – designed to enhancing Acuo's RIS/PACS synchronization, ARPS brings native support for HL7 and XML, as well as conversion of HL7- >DICOM SR; and
- Acuo IHE Audit: Acuo fully supports DICOM Supplement 95 for Audit Trail Messages within a DICOM framework