StorageTek kicked off its North American seminar tour in Santa Clara, Calif. this week, which educates attendees on regulatory compliance issues and challenges, as well as the latest systems for compliant archiving and data protection.
According to StorageTek, the event series, which runs into late March, focuses on strategies for archiving and retrieving compliance-affected information, balancing cost of ownership with compliance needs, and optimizing management processes and IT infrastructures for compliance with retention and privacy regulations.
Each seminar features presentations from StorageTek representatives and industry consultants covering topics such as classifying, indexing, searching and purging compliance-affected records; discovery methodologies; long-term growth and platform migration planning; and data accessibility and infrastructure scalability issues.
The tour, "Compliance 2005: A Guideline to Renew Your Compliance Strategy," will be coming to the following cities on the corresponding dates:
- February 3 - Santa Clara, Calif.
- February 15 - Harrisburg, Penn.
- February 16 - Tallahassee, Fla
- February 17 - Chicago, Ill. and Dallas, Texas
- February 22 - Houston, Texas
- February 24 - New York City
- March 1 - Seattle, Wash.
- March 2 - Los Angeles, Calif.
- March 8 - Des Moines, Iowa and Toronto, Canada
- March 9 - Cleveland, Ohio
- March 10 - Cincinnati, Ohio
- March 23 - Indianapolis, Ind.
- March 24 - Boston, Mass.
There is no cost to attend these events. To register, visit www.storagetek2005.com/compliance or call 1-800-786-7835 ext. compliance.