At this week’s Cardiovascular Research Foundation’s (CRF) 18th annual Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) 2006 conference and exhibition in Washington, D.C.
McKesson is showcasing its latest cardiovascular image and information products such as:
- For cath and hemodynamic monitoring, the company’s Horizon Cardiology system provides a single point of access to images and information including hemodynamic data;
- Functionality to support cardiac CT; and
- Integration between McKesson’s cardiology systems and Horizon Medical Imaging PACS, which creates simultaneous access to both radiology and cardiology images and reports.
Royal Philips is focusing on cardiac technologies designed to streamline workflow and facilitate advanced information management at TCT, including the pre-release of the Philips Xcelera 2.1 Cardiovascular Information Solution, part of Philips integrated catheterization lab, which includes physiomonitoring, reporting, and cardiovascular x-ray technologies to improve patient care and lab management. Philips is also highlighting its newest interventional tool, the CT TrueView software. Using 3D CT images in the cath lab, Philips CT TrueView is designed to streamline treatment planning for patients undergoing invasive procedures for stent placement and chronic total occlusions.
Siemens Medical Solutions is showcasing its AXIOM Artis dFC, a floor-mounted interventional imaging system with flat detector technology, with an all-digital single-plane C-arm angiography system as well. The AXIOM Artis dFC is designed to provide a large range of diagnostic and interventional applications -- from cardiac angiography to ECG-triggered fluoroscopy. Other technologies include:
- Interventional Cardiac 3D (IC3D) for 3D images of the coronary vessels in the heart;
- The Siemens AXIOM Artis dBC Magnetic Navigation System with a biplane flat-panel detector. It can be used as either a biplane or a single-plane magnetic navigation system;
- The ACUSON AcuNav 10F ultrasound catheter for improved access during closure of atrial septal defects on smaller patients and left heart applications for both interventional cardiology and electrophysiology; and
- The ACUSON four Sight transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) view and the V5M transducer.