Medical Records Institute, Inc. announced the honorees of the TEPR 2007 Awards program during the TEPR (Towards the Electronic Patient Record) opening session in the Dallas Convention Center this week. The awards aim to recognize leadership in healthcare information system in an assortment of categories:
- Document imaging in healthcare: Medical Communication Systems Inc.; BlueWare Inc.; and e-MedRec by Holt Systems;
- Mobile applications for healthcare: PatientKeeper; Medical Communication Systems Inc.; and e-MDs Inc.;
- Standalone e-Prescribing systems: Purkinje; Misys Healthcare; and Allscripts;
- Personal health records: CapMed; Waiting Room Solutions; and Medical Communication Systems Inc.;
- Companies awarded for “Hot Products in HIT”: Phytel Inc., Sage Software.;
- Continuity of care awards for vendors: e-MDs Inc.; Medical Communication Systems Inc.; Solventus; and Allscripts; and
- Continuity of care for implementers: New Orleans Health Department; Pediatric Health Care at Newton-Wellesley Hospital, Newton, Mass.; Northern Illinois Physicians for Connectivity; and Yuil Medical Center, Lawrence, Mass.