Thursday, Feb. 24, 11:15 AM - 12:15 PM
Sharing key steps that enabled UMass Memorial to successfully achieve health Information exchange (HIE) and connected healthcare. Discussion will cover internal sponsors; guiding principles; rules for information exchange; realistic expectations; and foundational requirements.
- Eric Alper, MD, Hospital Medicine, UMass Memorial Medical Center
- David Smith, PMP, Senior Project Manager, UMass Memorial Health Care
- Outline the process that one organization has undertaken to achieve genuine interoperability and HIE.
- Discuss vital concerns that hold the potential to serve either as obstacles or accelerants if not recognized and addressed.
- Describe the decisions that guided the UMass Memorial implementation, and whether or not they would be reflective of participants' organizations.
- List practical information to guide the journey toward interoperability and health information exchange.