NorthStar Health System, a rural critical-access healthcare system in Iron River, Mich., has completed an $18 million renovation that included the deployment of Toshiba America Medical Systems’ Aplio MX ultrasound system.
The Tustin, Calif.-based company said Aplio MX is a compact ultrasound system that features:
- Contrast harmonics to provide the ability to use bubble-based contrast agents;
- Tissue harmonic imaging for the imaging of difficult-to-image patients, like bariatric patients;
- ApliPure+ with compounding technology to perform spatial and frequency compounding during transmitting and receiving;
- Dynamic flow to provide color Doppler imaging; and
- Tissue Doppler imaging quantification software to perform analyses by angle corrected displacement and strain to measure myocardial viability.