Electronic health record vendors are uniting to address EHR adoption and interoperability. A group of EHR vendors have launched the HIMSS (Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society) EHR Vendor Association to address the issues relative to EHR adoption and interoperability primarily in the hospital and ambulatory care settings.
The association has partnered with HIMSS and will operate as an organizational unit within HIMSS. Membership is open to companies that design, develop and market their own commercially available EHR software application with installations in the United States.
The association will work to further initiatives laid out by David Brailer, MD, PhD, national coordinator for Health Information Technology. It will also help HIMSS establish its strategic direction and official positions on issues related to the EHR. The association also will provide input and feedback to the certification process established by the Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology (CCHIT).
The HIMSS EHR Vendor Association held its inaugural organizational meeting Nov. 3-4. Founding members of the EHR Vendor Association are:
- A4 Health Systems, www.a4healthsystems.com
- Allscripts Healthcare Systems, www.allscripts.com
- Cerner Corp., www.cerner.com
- Companion Technologies, www.companiontechnologies.com
- Eclipsys Corp., www.eclipsnet.com
- e-MDs, www.e-mds.com
- Epic Systems Corp., www.epicsystems.com
- GE Healthcare, www.gehealthcare.com
- GEMMS, www.gemmsnet.com
- Greenway Medical Technologies, www.greenwaymedical.com
- IDX Systems Corp, www.idx.com
- iMedica Corp, www.imedica.com
- McKesson Provider Technologies, www.mckesson.com
- MediNotes, www.medinotes.com
- Misys Healthcare Systems, www.misyshealthcare.com
- NextGen Healthcare Information Systems Inc., www.nextgen.com
- Physician Micro Systems Inc, www.pmsi.com
- PowerMed, www.powermed.com
- Siemens Medical Solutions, www.siemensmedical.com
- SOAPware, www.docs.com
- WebMD Practice Services, www.webmdps.com
For more information contact Pat Wise, HIMSS director of EHR initiatives, at email@example.com.