The Certification Commission for Healthcare Information Technology (CCHIT) has named three new commissioners and reappointed two existing commissioners. Each commissioner will serve a two-year term on the 21-member CCHIT board.
The CCHIT received a total of 35 applications and its trustees unanimously approved the appointments of the new commissioners:
- Linda Hogan, PhD, vice president of clinical informatics and operations, Pittsburgh Mercy Health System, Pa.;
- Rick Ratliff, chief operating officer, SureScripts, Alexandria, Va.; andk
- David Ross, ScD, director, Public Health Informatics Institute, Decatur, Ga.
Two commissioners were reappointed to new two-year terms:
- Abha Agrawal, MD, director, Medical Informatics; associate medical director, Kings County Hospital Center, New York City; and
- Susan Miller, RN, administrator, Family Practice Associates of Lexington, Ky.