Thomson Reuters introduced Pharmacy Xpert, part of the Clinical Xpert suite, which is a clinical intelligence dashboard that combines surveillance with Micromedex evidence, in an effort to assist pharmacists with outcomes, costs and risk management, during the HIMSS11 conference in Orlando, Fla., Feb. 20 to Feb. 24.
Pharmacy Xpert taps into the hospital information system, aggregates clinical data from multiple sources and delivers it to the pharmacist on one screen—so all critical patient information is at their fingertips, according to the New York City-based company. Data collected includes medication lists and dosages, vital signs, lab results, transcribed reports, inputs/outputs and demographics.
Other features include:
- Critical patient data aggregated from multiple clinical systems presented in one screen;
- Clinical surveillance to identify at-risk patients;
- Includes context-specific access to Micromedex reference content;
- More than 50 clinical surveillance profiles built by Micromedex; and
- Pharmacy-specific tools and calculators (e.g., creatinine clearance, IV dosage and more).