Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius has appointed five new regional directors of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS).
The appointed regional directors are:
- Christie Hager, JD, Region I: Hager is currently an adjunct lecturer on health policy at the Harvard School of Public Health in Boston.
- Jaime R. Torres, DPM, Region II: Torres currently is the associate director of consultative services at the Coler-Goldwater Specialty Hospital in New York City.
- Joanne Grossi, Region III: Grossi, for the past seven years, has served in the administration of the Pennsylvania Governor Edward G. Rendell in Philadelphia.
- Marguerite Salazar, Region VIII: Salazar has served as president and CEO of Valley Wide Health Services in Alamosa, Colo., since 1989.
- Herb K. Schultz, MPP, Region IX: Schultz is currently senior advisor to California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, and located in San Francisco.
As regional directors, they will serve as representatives of Sebelius in working with federal, state, local and tribal officials on a range of health and social service issues, according to HHS.