Cedara Software showcased a variety of new clinical applications in its European FUSION product line for the European market at ECR 2006 last week in Vienna, Austria.
The company recognizes the different workflow demands of various regions throughout the Europe. The product line is designed for flexible support, in multiple languages to different healthcare professionals:
- FUSION Ortho is a diagnostic tool for orthopedic surgical planning, templating, archiving, and web distribution;
- FUSION PET/CT provides a variety of dedicated tools for PET/CT analysis, through a PACS paradigm of using multiple screens to provide optimal workspace to read the torrent of data contained in these studies;
- An application for coronary screening, FUSION CalScore provides clinicians with the tools needed to quantify arterial calcium buildup through CT imaging;
- FUSION Colon Review is a complete virtual colonoscopy workflow solution that provides a powerful tool for reviewing colon or other luminal studies and reporting the findings;
- FUSION Lung Review provides a means for analysis of lung nodules complicated by hundreds of slices and confused by normal anatomy;
- FUSION Response is a works-in-progress system for early detection of treatment response in brain cancer care that capitalizes on a molecular imaging technique to assess tumor response from cellular mechanisms. Using functional diffusion mapping (fDM), this technology presents the potential to assist medical professionals to evaluate the impact of anti-cancer drugs and radiation therapy on tumors at an unprecedented rate.
Cedara also showcased several tools designed to assist in the fight against breast cancer: a dedicated breast imaging workstation, FUSION Mammo provides outstanding image quality, performance and tailored workflow design, allowing radiologists to optimize their reading speed and improve patient care. FUSION Mammo eliminates the hassle of switching between different workstations through vendor independence and multi-modality support. It also saves radiologist reading time by allowing individual users to prescribe image layout, presentation, and view order.
New enhancements to the European FUSION RIS/PACS were also highlighted, including scheduling, dictation, exam routing, and hanging protocols, designed to use the power of RIS information to streamline the presentation of PACS images. FUSION RIS/PACS provides a smart, distributed workflow for users in multi site enterprises through a single integrated desktop. FUSION RIS and FUSION PACS offerings are designed in multiple languages and flexible workflow for the European markets.