Eckert & Ziegler has awarded travel grants to five nuclear medicine researchers from Germany, Italy, Poland and Switzerland at the 2009 European Association of Nuclear Medicine (EANM) conference in Barcelona, Spain.
The travel grants, which amount to EUR1,000 each ($1,500 U.S.), were selected by a jury from the EANM from a total of 400 entries. Work in the fields of cancer and dementia diagnostics received recognition.
This year’s grants were presented to:
- Frank Bruchertseifer, PhD, Germany: In vitro and in vivo comparison of 226Th- and 213Bi-labelled radioconjugates for targeted alpha therapy.
- Giampiero Giovacchini, MD, PhD, Italy: PSA vs. PSA doubling time for prediction of [11C]choline PET/CT in prostatectomized prostate cancer.
- Jolanta Kunikowska, PhD, Poland: Comparison between clinical results of PRRT with 90Y-DOTA TATE and 90Y/177Lu- DOTATATE.
- Charles Steiner, PhD, Switzerland: Work-up before pelvic radiotherapy treatment planning using multimodality imaging in prostate cancer: Combined SPECT/CT lymphoscintigraphy and 18F-choline PET/CT.
- Thomas Wendler, PhD, Germany: Clinical introduction of freehand SPECT for image-guided sentinel lymph node biopsy.
Berlin-based Eckert & Ziegler is a provider of isotope component technology for radiation therapy and nuclear medicine.