In an attempt to meet the mission of the Health IT for Economic and Clinical Health (HITECH) Act, the Office of the National Coordinator for Health IT has reorganized its substructure components affecting all four of the original director-level offices.
The new organizational structure is composed of five offices reporting directly to David Blumenthal, MD, national coordinator for health IT:
- The Office of Economic Modeling and Analysis;
- The Office of the Chief Scientist;
- The Office of the Deputy National Coordinator for Programs & Policy;
- The Office of the Deputy National Coordinator for Operations; and
- The Office of the Deputy Privacy Officer.
Further details have yet to be released.