Radiologists from South Texas Radiology Group, in partnership with several medical imaging professionals, have launched Intrinsic Imaging, a biopharmaceutical services organization providing image management and radiological review services to pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device organizations.
According to the San Antonio-based company, the management and medical director teams of the advanced medical imaging contract research organization dedicated to providing medical imaging services for clinical trials include:
- Philip Russell, MBA, chairman and CEO: Currently serving as CEO of Intrinsic and also of South Texas Radiology Group in San Antonio.
- Todd A. Joron, BSc, MBA, president and chief operating officer: Most recently, served as corporate vice president of Parexel, where he served as general manager of the perceptive eClinical technology division.
- Neal Dalrymple, MD, chair of the Intrinsic scientific advisory board: Served as vice chairman of radiology and residency program director at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio.
- Richard Benedikt, MD, MBA, medical director of breast imaging: Served as chief resident of Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington, D.C.
- Jack Clement, MD, PhD, medical director of musculoskeletal imaging: Radiologist with training in orthopedic radiology and interventional pain management.
- James Dix, MD, medical director of neurology and neurological imaging: Radiologist who possesses a certificate of added qualification in neuroradiology.
- Michael Lane, MD, medical director, cardiology and cardiovascular imaging: Radiologist with training in adult and pediatric congenital heart disease.
- Amit Mehta, MD, medical director of medical device and interventional therapies: Certified in diagnostic radiology and vascular interventional radiology in Canada and the U.S., and possesses a Certificate of Additional Qualification in vascular and Interventional radiology.
- Todd Tibbetts, MD, PhD, medical director of oncology and thoracic/abdominal imaging: Board-certified in diagnostic radiology with sub-specialized training in body imaging and a clinical focus on oncology imaging.