Amicas Inc. and Meditech Information Technology Inc. have gained more installs for their integrated PACS and healthcare information system (HCIS) that provides clinical users access to electronic medical images and reports through the Meditech electronic medical record.
Tightly integrated with Meditech, Vision Series PACS' Forever Priors architecture provides access to all imaging studies from a centralized spinning disk repository. Within a single sign-on environment, physicians can quickly review a patient's history, including prior images and reports for comparisons, from any desktop PC. The integration between these applications places all images and patient information securely in the hands of clinicians wherever they are and whenever they want, both improving physician efficiency and raising the standard of patient care.
Practices that have recently implemented Meditech's EMR integrated with Amicas Vision Series PACS include:
- Delnor Community Hospital, (Geneva, Ill.)
- Androscoggin Valley Hospital, (Berlin, N.H.)
- Person Memorial Hospital, (Roxboro, N.C.)
- Portage Health System, (Hancock, Mich.)
- Johnston Memorial Hospital, (Smithfield, N.C.)
- Quincy Medical Center, (Quincy, Mass.)
- Sisters of Charity Providence Hospitals, (Columbia, S.C.)
AMICAS Vision Series PACS and Meditech EMR integration will be demonstrated at next week's Radiological Society of North America meeting, Nov. 28 - Dec. 2, in Chicago.