Data Management system provider Princeton Softech inked a deal with the American College of Radiology (ACR) for use of its Optim system for data retention requirements to remain in compliance with Federal Drug Administration regulations. Optim also offers benefits for managing continued data growth and reducing storage costs throughout the information lifecycle. With over 30,000 members, ACR is the nation’s leading organization representing radiologists, radiation oncologists, interventional radiologists and medical physicists.
BioLucent, maker of the MammoPad breast cushion, today announced a new agreement to provide MammoPad to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center which serves northern New England. The MammoPad breast cushion will be provided to all of the approximately 15,000 women each year who receive screening or diagnostic mammograms at DHMC, which is located in Lebanon, N.H.
InStar Systems International recently installed its radiology information system (RIS) at several imaging facilities throughout the country:
- Med-Share Diagnostics, with four imaging centers in Detroit, has recently signed a contract to utilize InStar’s RIS.net product;
- XMG/Grossmont Imaging, with two facilities in San Diego, also has begun employing the InStar RIS.net;
- Simi Valley Medical Imaging, in California, has just implemented InStar RIS.net with remote transcription;
- Spokane Advanced Imaging Institute, which operates two Spokane, Wash.-area centers that already incorporate the InStar RIS into their practices, just added it to its newly-opened third local facility;
- Envision Radiology of Frisco in Frisco, Tex. has installed the InStar RIS as well. Currently, Envision Radiology utilizes the InStar RIS at eight of its other locations nationwide; and
- InStar also recently entered into agreements with two other providers: Teton Radiology, in Idaho Falls, Idaho, which will install the RIS.net product at two of its local-area centers; and West Valley Imaging Center in West Hills, Calif., also due to begin using InStar’s RIS.net. Installations for both of these clients will be completed by year-end.
KODAK CARESTREAM Solutions will be installed across the 14 hospitals that make up the Tuscany South East Region of Italy, which has over 800,000 inhabitants and handles over a million annual radiological examinations.
MEDHOST announced that Graham Regional Medical Center, located in Graham, Texas, is upgrading its emergency department (ED) with MEDHOST. MEDHOST will empower Graham with a complete, easy-to-use EDIS (Emergency Department Information System), which includes advanced patient tracking, nurse charting, physician documentation and computerized physician order entry capabilities.
ScImage announced that Quincy, Ill.-based Quincy Medical Group has entered into a five-year agreement with ScImage for their overall workflow solution. The contract covers the complete digital workflow for the multi-specialty group and includes RIS, PACS, CR, ECG management, offsite hosted disaster recovery services and several clinical productivity tools.
The group purchasing organization Sisters of Mercy Health System located in St. Louis, Mo., inked a two-year deal with ZONARE Medical Systems to provide its facilities the ability to purchase the z.one ultrasound system from ZONARE at the purchasing organization’s contract prices.