It's a good Christmas for DR Systems. The company announced yesterday four new PACS contracts totaling nearly $5 million, with each contract worth more than $1 million, the company said.
The facilities awarding the contracts include Olympic Medical Center in Port Angeles, Wash.; Gottlieb Memorial Hospital, Melrose Park, Ill.; Adirondack Medical Center, Saranac Lake, N.Y.; and United Community Hospital, Grove City, Pa. With the exception of United Community Hospital, each of the facilities has a MEDITECH hospital information system. DR Systems has interfaced its technology with MEDITECH at more than 35 other hospitals thus far.
The PACS system being acquired by the four hospitals features:
- Common user-friendly interface at all the PACS workstations;
- Referring doctors' ability to clinically review images and reports at their home or office;
- Instant access to "in progress" study images by ER doctors;
- Patented automated hanging protocols for reading physicians;
- Report format preferences for individual referring physicians; and
- Fully integrated digital dictation, voice recognition, and transcription options.