Eight healthcare organizations, all members of the Minnesota Epic User Group (MNEUG), have launched software enabling electronic sharing of patient records across the group.
The organizations currently using the system are:
- Allina Hospitals & Clinics;
- CentraCare Health System;
- Essentia Health;
- Fairview Health Services;
- HealthPartners Clinics and Regions Hospital;
- Hennepin County Medical Center;
- North Memorial HealthCare; and
- Sanford Health.
CentraCare, North Memorial and HCMC conducted a pilot program to test the system last winter, and the eight organizations went online in a phased rollout completed this summer, according to the St.Paul-based MNEUG.
The organizations are able to share information through the Care Everywhere software and network, developed by health IT company Epic. Patients must consent to each connection between two organizations at each visit in accordance with applicable laws, MNEUG stated.