Sunday, Nov. 25, 10:00-3:30 p.m. | S406A
Can a jury of 12 laypeople be convinced a radiologist is negligent for not alerting a referring physician and/or patient that radiation exposure from CT imaging may cause breast cancer? See how attorneys present their cases and how a jury interprets the standard of care.
- Leonard Berlin, MD, NorthShore University Health System, Evanston, Ill.
- Clare E. McWilliams, JD, Cook County 10 th Subcircuit, Chicago
- Keith Hebeisen, JD, Clifford Law Offices, Chicago
- Timothy G. Nickels, JD, Swanson, Martin & Bell, Chicago
- Jonathan W. Berlin, MD, NorthShore University Health System, Evanston, Ill.
- Rebecca Smith-Bindman, MD, University of California, San Francisco
- Stephen Balter, PhD, Columbia University, New York City
- Cynthia McCullough, PhD, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Michael Brant-Zawadski, MD, Hoag Memorial Hospital, Newport Beach, Calif.