Union Hospital, a 160-bed facility located in Dover, Ohio, has implemented NovaRad Corp.'s NovaPACS and is on track to becoming 100 percent filmless. NovaPACS will also be integrated with the facility's existing RIS (radiology information system) software.
Within one week of the implementation, all radiology modality groups had the capability to send and view images on the PACS (picture archiving communication system), NovaRad said.
In related company news, NovaRad said it inked six new contracts for its NovaPACS. Installations are scheduled to be complete by the end of May 2005.
The latest facilities to purchase NovaPACS include:
- Stat Clinix, Scottsdale, Ariz.
- Jeff Davis Hospital, Calhoun, Ga.
- Premier Diagnostic Imaging, Terre Haute, Ind.
- University Orthopedics, State College, Pa.
- Tanner Clinic, Layton, Utah
- Lander Valley Hospital, Lander, Wyo.