Picis has expanded its client base with an additional 53 U.S. healthcare facilities utilizing its Lynx E/Point point-of-care revenue management solution in the emergency department (ED) for documentation, compliance and charging accuracy purposes.
This represents a 60 percent increase in E/Point installations over the first quarter of 2009, according to Picis, of Wakefield, Mass. E/Point’s software-as-a-service (SaaS) model enables hospitals to capture procedure charges and calculate facility visit-levels as part of their clinical documentation process, Picis said.
According to the company, the new customers with E/Point installations include:
- Texas Health Resources: a nonprofit healthcare delivery system in Euless, Texas;
- Hospital Sisters Health System: a multi-institutional health care system based in Springfield, Ill.;
- Catholic Health Initiatives: a national health organization with headquarters in Denver;
- Indiana Regional Medical Center of Indiana, Pa.;
- Sisters of St. Francis Health Services, a network of 12 hospitals based in Mishawaka, Ind. ; and
- Bon Secours Health System based in Marriottsville, Md., which recently added E/Point to an eighth hospital in its network, Mary Immaculate Hospital.