Carestream Health is supporting a series of mammography education, training and professional development opportunities, including CE and CME courses, to keep radiologists and technologists updated on breast cancer detection trends.
The programs will consist of a combination of accredited lectures, educational seminars with industry experts, online training from Carestream and live webinars available in conjunction with László Tabár, MD, from the departments of mammography, surgery and pathology at Falun Central Hospital in Falun, Sweden—all of which are supported by educational grants from Carestream.
In 2012, Carestream is supporting the following accredited continuing education programs:
- Mammography Education, Inc. (MEI): Continuing Medical Education courses on the diagnosis and treatment of breast diseases presented by Tabár and other experts. Locations include Italy, Spain, Latin America and North America;
- iiCME Mammography Education Events: Courses to design, develop and deliver evidence-based scientific information to physicians and other healthcare professionals to promote lifelong learning. U.S. locations include New Mexico and New York;
- Fit for Screening European Workshops: Mammography training workshops for radiologists and gynecologists, presented in Austria, Germany and Poland;
- Webinar Series: Focused on breast cancer detection and analysis, hosted by Tabár; and
- Online e-Learning: Online courses that may include topics such as digital mammography workflow and workstation benefits, detector technology and patient positioning challenges in mammography.