If you’re looking for a career that pays more than $55,000 annually and only requires two years of schooling, you may want to look into healthcare jobs—specifically in medical imaging.
A new report from CNBC analyzed data provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics which identified the top 11 in-demand jobs paying workers an annual salary of more than $55,000 and requiring only an associate’s degree.
Of the 11 jobs identified, more than half are in medical imaging and radiology.
Listed below are six medical imaging and radiology occupations that pay more than $55,00 annually and require only an associate’s degree, as found and listed in order by CNBC. Data also includes each occupation’s projected growth through the year 2026.
- Nuclear medicine technologists: $75,660 average salary with 10 percent projected growth
- Radiation therapists: $80,570 average salary and 13 percent projected growth
- Cardiovascular technologists and technicians: $55,270 average salary and 10 percent projected growth
- Radiologic technologists: $58,440 average salary and 12 percent project growth
- MRI technologists: $69,930 average salary and 14 percent projected growth
- Diagnostic medical sonographers: $71,410 average salary with 23 percent projected growth
Read the entire article below.