The American College of Radiology (ACR) Board of Chancellors announced the selection of three individuals as 2019 Gold Medalists for their “extraordinary service to the ACR or radiology.” The College also approved two individuals to receive Honorary Fellowships for their “contributions to the science or practice of radiology.”
The following radiology practitioners will receive the ACR Gold Medal:
- Bibb Allen, Jr., MD, of Birmingham, Alabama — chief medical officer of the ACR Data Science Institute, former chair of the ACR Board of Chancellors, former ACR President, and diagnostic radiologist in the Birmingham Radiological Group.
- Manuel L Brown, MD, of Detroit, Michigan — former ACR president, former chair of the ACR Nuclear Medicine Commission, and chair of the department of radiology at the Henry Ford Hospital and Health Network.
- David C. Kushner, MD, of Virginia Beach, Virginia —former ACR president, former chair of the ACR Commission on Membership and Communications and current Associate Medical Director for Quality and Safety, Children's Hospital of the King's Daughters.
- Seung Hyup Kim, MD, of Seoul, South Korea — professor of radiology and urology at the Seoul National University (SNU) College of Medicine.
- Anne W.M. Lee, MD, MBBS, of Hong Kong, China — clinical professor, Department of Clinical Oncology, The University of Hong Kong.
The ACR has chosen James L. Morrison, of Leesburg, Virginia, to receive the Distinguished Achievement Award for “notable services to the ACR and the profession.” Morrison previously served as the ACR’s assistant director of membership.
The honors will be given to the awardees at the ACR 2019 Annual Meeting on May 19 to 22 at the Marriott Wardman Park Hotel in Washington, D.C.