Block Imaging International, Inc., a provider of refurbished radiology systems, has teamed up with Canadian research firm, Canamet, to introduce two new CT motion correction products.
Canamet's founder and research scientist Stergios Stergiopoulos, MD, headed up a team on behalf of the EU to study motion correction for CT imaging, said Bruce L. Block, Block's president. His research culminated in development of this software product adaptable to most single or multi-slice CT scanners and provides motion corrected cardiac images and features from calcium scoring, measurement, calcification, scaling and more including report writing capabilities, said Block.
Key features of the Cardiac - 3D CT Software include:
- Converts a single slice CT scanner into a state-of-the-art CT with the equivalent cardiac and 3D imaging capabilities of a multislice CT scanner;
- Upgrades the performance of a multislice CT scanner;
- Offers a low-cost software solution for cardiac CT diagnostic imaging (removal of cardiac motion artifacts, detection of coronary calcification, calcium scoring);
- Provides a user friendly 3D imaging functionality;
- Compatible with a wide variety of systems; new or old single or multi-slice CT scanners; and
- Does not require changes or steps of operations in the original CT equipment settings.
Outside of the U.S., the Cardiac - 3D CT Software is available for immediate applications. For U.S. customers, the product is currently being tested pursuant to USFDA certification which is expected in late spring or early summer.