Tuesday, Feb. 22, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
This session will demonstrate why IT and nursing need to align to make device integration a key strategic initiative to improve patient care and help qualify for meaningful use.
- Ann Farrell, RN, principal, Farrell Associates, San Francisco
- Ruth Suchomski, RN, senior application analyst, Aspirus Wausau Hospital, Wausau, Wis.
- State rationale and business case for accelerating time-line for medical device integration initiatives to align with Phase 1: meaningful use vital sign data capture and computerized provider order entry (CPOE)/clinical decision support criteria.
- Define the role of medical device integration in CPOE /clinical decision support, nursing productivity and clinician satisfaction with EHRs.
- Define the impact of medical device integration on nursing time, productivity, quality of care and hospital return on investment/
- Define critical success factors for a successful medical device integration effort.
- State the predicted future direction of medical device integration.