EMC has released its EMC Documentum enterprise content management (ECM) suite version 6.5—a family of products that combine Web 2.0 and its enterprise-class Documentum platform.
The Hopkinton, Mass.-based company said its Documentum ECM 6.5 introduces several features that deliver Web 2.0 user experience and updated XML capabilities, while improving enterprise performance and scalability, federated records management as well as accelerated transactional business processes.
“The explosion of digital content combined with the ease of use of Web 2.0 and social computing fuel users' expectations for how technology should work and how they should access information. As a result, IT is faced with a new challenge of meeting these heightened expectations while providing a secure information infrastructure,” said Melissa Webster, program vice president of content & digital media technologies at IDC.
The company said the products available in Documentum ECM 6.5 include:
- Documentum Centerstage Essentials, a new client that is being released as a free online beta. The redesigned interface features shared team workspaces, guided search and simple Documentum access.
- Documentum Media WorkSpace, a new media interface which provides users a personalized way to view, find, compare, annotate, review and share media assets.
- My Documentum, a new lightweight client that is integrated with the desktop providing users with access to the latest versions of content as well as allowing them to access and work on documents when they are not connected to the server.
- Documentum Web Publisher Page Builder, a new Flex-based Web authoring interface provides non-technical business users authors with interactive tools.
- An updated Documentum TaskSpace delivers a configurable user experience that combines content, process, high-fidelity forms and monitoring.
EMC also said its updated XML capabilities in Documentum ECM 6.5 are delivered through Documentum XML Store, a new XML database available within the Documentum platform and related content delivery applications.