Monday, Feb. 21, 12:15 PM - 1:15 PM
Existing regional health information exchanges (HIEs) play a major role in advancing statewide exchange. CareSpark and BHIX discuss how their experience, political influence, policies and architecture have been leveraged by their states.
- Irene Koch, JD, Executive Director, BHIE, Brooklyn Health Information Exchange (BHIX)
- Randall Sermons, JD, Attorney, Randall E. Sermons, Attorney at Law
- Identify how regional HIE success accelerates growth of a statewide exchange.
- Employ a scalable, standards-based architecture to support ongoing statewide growth and evolution.
- Develop strategies for governance and consent based on existing models that work.
- Identify strategies to build a sustainable HIE with funding, subscription-based services and value-based reporting.
- Outline federal activities to monitor priorities, policies and standards to ensure compliance and promote sustainability.