Siemens Medical Solutions showcased its integrated product offerings in the area of interventional cardiology at the 17th annual Transcatheter Cardiovascular Therapeutics (TCT) Scientific Sessions this week in Washington, D.C. Siemens' emphasis was early detection, diagnosis, as well as treatment and follow-up, the company said.
Siemens highlighted the following technologies:
- AXIOM Artis with 30x40 configuration, a fully digital cardiac imaging system equipped with flat-panel detector technology and ceiling-mounted C-arms for greater accessibility. When combined with AXIOM Sensis hemodynamic and electrophysiological recording system, it provides a total integrated cath lab system to help improve staff efficiency and optimize workflow;
- Interventional Cardiac 3D (IC3D) creates three dimensional images of the coronary vessels in the heart, leading to increased support in diagnosis;
- AXIOM Artis with DynaCT, is an enhancement for C-arm angiography systems that allows soft tissue imaging in the angio suite. According to Siemens, this is the first application in the industry which enables clinicians to perform Angiographic Computed Tomography (ACT) with the AXIOM Artis Flat Panel Detector (FD) technology systems;
- Soarian Cardiology integrates information, from clinical results and images, to ECG and waveform data, on one workstation and one database.
- The KinetDx Network and its flexible archive capability provide immediate access to an ultrasound exam through intranet and web-based applications;
- Soarian Disease Management supports the management of patients with chronic diseases, such as heart disease, by optimizing the care delivery process;
- The upgraded ACUSON AcuNav 8F ultrasound catheter is 33 percent smaller in the cross sectional area than the existing AcuNav 10F ultrasound catheter, enabling improved access during closure of atrial septal defects on smaller patients and left heart applications for both interventional cardiology and electrophysiology; and
- The portable ACUSON Cypress cardiovascular system is fully capable of intracardiac echocardiography (ICE) with the AcuNav catheter family.